Saturday 21 February 2015

And back to snow...

SeedsFeb2015
I did manage to get out yesterday for a couple of hours so all the soft fruit that needed cutting down is done and a tiny wee bit of the veggie plot has been weeded but today the snow returned so it was a bit of indoor work.  This is what I've sown - two types of tomatoes one is Ferline the other Lupita (cherry type) both are F1's and are supposedly blight resistant - watch this space! Then three types of sweet pepper including a long variety called Rokita, some Basil and five varieties of chili peppers one of which looks very much like a cherry tomato. I tried to grow Kilian (that's the orange one) last year but the seeds failed to germinate maybe better luck this time. Oh, and some aubergine - absolutely the last time I am going to try these - hmmm I think I said that last year! My plan is to grow them in seriously manured ground to see if that suits them any better than my rather feeble veggie plot soil.

Finally. we're on the cranes migratory route and two days ago they started flying North a sure sign spring is on its way.

2 comments:

  1. englishrosefrenchgarden23 February 2015 at 08:29

    I've put my peppers into the heated propagators this morning. Hopefully they will be up annd germinating soon as I am about 3 weeks late this year. I note you like the long peppers too, they are my favourite and really freeze well.
    Good luck with the growing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. englishrosefrenchgarden23 February 2015 at 08:30

    Just noticed your comment about the Cranes...we live in the Limousin in central/south France, and they have been flying over us the last week or so.

    Perhaps, spring is on its way?

    ReplyDelete